IPA Lemon Bars
Let me start by saying Tucson loves Dragoon Brewery. If you haven't checked this place out, put it at the top of your list. Industrial atmosphere, no non-sense, good people and most importantly beer. Hand made, crafted, blood sweat and tears, straight out of the hops' ass beer. When thinking about what the first recipe here would be, I needed to include Dragoon. Heres lemon bar recipe from scratch. Enjoy.
Dragoon IPA Lemon Bars:
( Adapted from thedevilwearsparsley.com)
Total time: about 45 mins
( for the crust)
3/4 cup all purpose organic flour
1/3 cup powdered sugar
6 table spoons Unsalted butter, chilled
(For the lemon custard) 1/4 cup organic four 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
3 egg yolks
1/4 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice 1/2 cup Dragoon IPA
1 teaspoon lemon zest
( for the crust)
1. Pre heat oven to 350 F.
2. Combine flour and salt in a food processor, add cold butter
3. Pour mixture into 9”x9”baking pan sprayed with cooking spray, press down gently until you have an even layer.
4. Bake in oven for 20 mins or until set, but not browned.
5. Remove from the oven and let cool.
(For the custard)
1. Heat small pan over med heat and reduce IPA by half, about 10 mins.
2. While beer is reducing, combine flour, sugar, salt in a med bowl.
3. Add in eggs, egg yolk, lemon juice, lemon zest , and mix well until combined.
4. Pour mixture over the crust and place back in the oven for 20-22 additional mins or until the middle is set.
5. Remove from oven to cool completely for 3o mins. Gently add 2 table spoons of powdered sugar.
6. With a sharp knife, cut into squares. 12 is ok, 9 if you want to be greedy and 6 if you want to be out of control.