Fig Prosciutto Pizza
Theres something beautiful about figs, I love them so much. Forget box of chocolates, give me a big box of figs. Nutritionally, figs are good for insomnia, reducing fatigue ,improving brain memory, decreasing high blood pressure and reducing cholesterol. Figs are also said to be a good source of potassium and good for overall women's health and fertility, not sure how true this is when you put them on a pizza and slather them in goat cheese but this recipe works. The combination of the sweet grainy figs,the saltiness of prosciutto with the creaminess of goat cheese is undeniable.
Please try this recipe for yourself and report back because I know this is a good one. I went ahead and made the crust from scratch because I've never done it before and it sounded like fun.(A foodies twisted idea of fun). About 30 mins later, the crust was ready for the oven and in walks my boyfriend with takeout dinner. Thanks honey. The crust kept well saran wrapped overnight. Another option is to buy the already made a pizza crust from Trader Joe's,this would work also. Those are the best, I Like to keep a few in the refrigerator for quick pizzas.
I searched Pintrest for " Easy pizza crust" and came up with a good one from Trueaimeducation.com I was able to modify it to work for what I was making.For people who think they can't cook, Heres a secret: Cooking= reading a recipe and modifying it to work for you.
Easy home made Pizza Crust:
2¾ cup unbleached flour (plus ¼ cup more for kneading)
2¼ tsp quick rise yeast or 1 yeast packet
1 tsp sugar
¾ tsp salt
¼ tsp pepper
1 tbs Herbs de Provence or Italian seasoning
1¼ cup hot water
2 tbs olive oil
- Preheat oven to 170 degrees. Measure flour into a mixing bowl or stand mixer. Add yeast, sugar, salt, pepper and herbs.
- Prepare your hot water and get your olive oil measured out. With the bread hook attachment, turn the stand mixer on low and add the water and then the olive oil while the mixer is stirring.
- Mix for 2 minutes or until the dough comes together around the bread hook. If mixing by hand, add the water and olive oil to the flour and stir until the dough starts to pull away from the sides of the bowl.
- Let the dough sit for 10 minutes and then turn it out on a generously floured surface and knead, adding flour until you get a smooth dough. The dough should not be sticky.
- Place in a greased oven-safe bowl and cover with tinfoil. Turn off the oven and let the dough rise for about 30 minutes or until it has doubled in size. Remove from oven.
- Preheat the oven and your pizza stone or baking sheet to 425 degrees. Meanwhile, separate the dough into 2 parts for thicker crust or 3 parts for thin crust. Roll out the dough with a rolling pin to your desired thickness.
- Place the crust on your preheated stone or pan and add your desired toppings. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the edges of the pizza are dark golden brown.
Kind of a pain in the ass, so again, the ready made Trader Joe's pizza crust would work fine. When the crust is done,
I added 1 log of goat cheese about 10.5 Oz spread evenly or dollop
layered the prosciutto every and thinly
cut washed cleaned figs in quarters and sprinkle on top
Bake for additional 8 mins on 425. Done.gourmet.amazing.